I ran “Camp Melissa”, a day (and overnight) doggie daycare in my house. I would have anywhere from 5 to 25 dogs in the house at one time, not including my own three. I rarely had a day off and I hardly ever left the house. Working 24/7 to pay the bills, keep my house, and live comfortably (whatever that meant), I truly felt like I was dying inside a little bit each day because all I did was work to pay the bills. If I didn’t do something soon, I’d find myself at the end of a bitter, unfulfilled and wasted life. Despite loving the animals in my care with all my heart, I was frustrated most of the time because I could never get away.
Looking back at my life, it was clear that I never wanted to follow the herd. Conforming to ‘normal‘ standards was just not my style.
I knew that I could live my dream life, I had done it when I was younger. When I was in my 20s, I had the perfect plan – get a degree in Computer Science, go into the Air Force as an officer for 4 years or more, and then write my own ticket to a high-paying career. There was only one problem – after 4 years of college and trying to make this perfect plan fit me – I knew it wasn’t for me. I wanted a life of passion, purpose, freedom, and adventure – and that ‘perfect plan’ of college and career just wasn’t it for me. I remember distinctly the day my life changed:
I was visiting my mother at work one day for lunch, and she asked me how I was doing. A seemingly normal, everyday question, but it triggered something deep inside of me.
“You know,” I said, “everyone always asks me how I’m doing, but no one ever asks me if I’m happy.’
So she asked, “Are you happy?”
“No,” I said, on the verge of tears, feeling all the pain and frustration welling up.
“Well,” she said back in a very matter-of-fact way, “what are you going to do about it?”
I think my mouth fell open, I loved my mother’s ‘no bullsh*t‘ approach. Right then and there, I knew that if I was going to live my life, my way – that I to take control of my own life.
I followed my heart (not knowing then that it was really my intuition), and despite all the pressure to do what seemed to be the ‘right thing’ and live a life that I didn’t really want – I quit college. It was then that I was free to follow my true passion – I had always loved horses, and even though I never grew up around them I had always dreamed of being a jockey. All I knew about riding a horse at the time was that one leg went on each side, but starting from the ground up (literally-cleaning stalls), I stayed committed until I finally became a professional jockey – and I loved every minute of it! My heart was singing and my soul was soaring – I had found my passion and I was living my dream!
I lived that amazing life until I retired from racing (unfortunately, I couldn’t be a professional athlete forever). Fast forward 20 years later – what happened to that adventuresome freedom seeker of my younger days? Why was I once again stuck in an unfulfilling life? How did a life of working every day just to pay the bills sneak up and trap me into a life with no freedom?
Here’s what happened: I started believing all of the ‘Shoulds’, instead of believing in myself. “You should buy a house,” You should get a steady income,” You should settle down.” Blah, blah, blah, I’m sure you’ve heard them. I listened to all that advice from people who meant well and were trying to keep me ‘safe’, but they didn’t understand the ‘real me’.
The ‘real me’ wanted to have an authentic freedom lifestyle that I loved every day! I knew that “there was more to life than this”!
My dream at the time was to live and travel in an RV, but I knew nothing about RVing at all – I didn’t know what kind of RV I should get, how to drive it, how to use it, or even how much it would cost. It was scary and exciting at the same time to think about living that lifestyle, but I looked back at my past and remembered that I knew how to do this! And I shook the cobwebs loose and remembered how I had done it – by using a simple process – and I used the same process again. Using that simple system I broke free from my ‘stuckness’, and now I teach other people how they too can use this system to break free – I’ve made it my mission to help and empower others to break free, follow their hearts, live their dreams, and have a freedom lifestyle!
I used my experiences and knowledge to create a program that helps you get the joyful, abundant, freedom lifestyle that you’ve been dreaming of.
I’m now living my dream of freedom and adventure traveling in a big RV, and I’ve made it my mission to help others achieve freedom, passion, purpose, and a heart-centered life. I’ve created my Break Free and Be – Journey to Freedom System – a series of 7 important steps for freedom-seekers to follow that can help them achieve their dream freedom lifestyle.
Unfortunately though, they’ve never been taught how to follow the necessary steps to break free and live that life of freedom. They may not think it’s even possible, but I can assure you it is.
There is no specific demographic, age, income-bracket, or social group that freedom-seekers fit into – but they all have certain things in common:
- They are ready to take action!
- They search for purpose and meaning,
- They have a desire to live a passionate life,
- They want to discover and live their dream life,
- They feel unfulfilled with their current life or circumstances,
- They feel they have a calling that they’re not yet meeting,
- They’re tired of the same old thing day in and day out,
- They have the thought, “There has to be more to life than this”,
- They know that their health and spirituality are suffering as a result of not living their purpose,
- They’re tired of trying to ‘fake it until they make it’,
- They are unhappy and angry more often than they want to be,
- They feel like they are living someone else’s idea of success,
- They are searching for their ‘Authentic Self’,
- But most importantly – They are Passionate-Freedom-Seekers!
The Break Free and Be – Journey to Freedom Program was created for people who are absolutely excited and dead serious about achieving the freedom lifestyle – it means not running around all day long, beating yourself up anymore saying: “I’ll never get to live the life I really want to live”. This program was created for you to put systems in place within a few months (sometimes weeks!), which will eventually lead you to getting clear on your true desires, breaking free from obstacles that are holding you back, believing in yourself, following your heart, and living the life that you know you were meant to live.
Being a freedom-seeker myself, I’m known to work best with other freedom-seekers – people who are committed to their freedom no matter what – who are super-ready to get going and just want to know what steps to take to live the life they want. Consider what you’ll be doing with me to be a high-octane crash course on the most important steps you need to know to achieve the life of freedom you desire. You will be expected to take serious and consistent action. No excuses anymore, just a very different way of thinking, and full support while you achieve this incredibly exciting goal: living the freedom lifestyle you desire.
Please know that I want to make sure everyone gets the most out of this program. The Break Free and Be – Journey to Freedom Program is NOT for those who won’t take action to achieve the freedom they’re looking for. There’s a saying: “freedom doesn’t come free” and it’s true. Fortunately though, you won’t have to take up arms to get the freedom you want, but you will have to fight for it. If you don’t have the freedom lifestyle of your dreams right now maybe it’s because you haven’t had the support, the plan, the motivation, and the inspiration you need to have in order to achieve it. You will get these things in this program, but you will have to do your part. I’ll hold you accountable, but I can’t MAKE you do anything. If you’re ready to take action now, I’m ready to help you achieve your freedom. If you’re not, that’s absolutely okay, you’re just not ready yet. We’ve all been there, and when you’re ready you’ll know it. For now, you can do these few things:
- Start thinking about (or meditating on) what your dream lifestyle of freedom would look like. What will you be doing? How much income will you be making? Where will you live? Who will be with you? How will your life be different than it is right now? How happy will you be? Who will you now be able to help? Once you start seeing the possibilities of your freedom lifestyle you’ll get excited, inspired, and ready to take action.
2. Sign up for the free “Awaken Your Inner Power Course” here – www.BreakFreeAndBe.com/AwakenYourInnerPower. This short, free course will help you understand that you have everything you need within you take back control of your life and achieve the freedom you seek.
3. Make a point to read the helpful emails I send out. The emails come out about once a week and have helpful hints and tips to give you LOTS to think about. They’ll help you get started until you’re ready to work with me one-on-one.
4. Join our Facebook community of like-minded freedom-seekers here – Break Free & Be Freedom Lifestyle Group. Ask questions, get tips, and share in the journeys of others who seek the freedom lifestyle. You’ll know that you’re not alone on your journey!
Doing these few things will really help you get primed for our work. When you’re ready, call me and we’ll get you started. (I’m in no rush and will be here when you need me.)
What exactly is the Break Free and Be – Journey to Freedom Program and what does it include?
Living a life of passion, purpose, and freedom begins with understanding your true self and your true desires, discovering your power, and understanding exactly what the freedom lifestyle is for you. With your freedom you’ll be able to live a lifestyle that brings you joy. You’ll be able to create your income in a way that is gratifying to you. And you’ll be able to be your authentic self, which means no more living your life according to other people’s expectations. You’ll create the plan to achieve your dream freedom lifestyle, working on the inner and the outer pieces until you know how to manifest what you really want. You’ll create powerful intentions that get you results as well as move you in the direction of your dreams. You’ll learn what you need, who you need to become, how the laws of attraction and abundance apply to your dreams, and how to avoid the pitfalls that keep so many other people from breaking free.
Think of achieving your Freedom Lifestyle as a journey, one that takes you from where you are now to finally reaching the freedom lifestyle of your dreams.
Here’s what the System helps you with:
- Where to Start on Your Journey (Achieve Clarity of Purpose)
We take a deep look at what you truly want and why you want it. We get CRYSTAL clear on your intentions and what your dream life of freedom looks like. We’ll also take a good look at what you don’t want any more. You’ll learn how to tune in to your heart and discover what makes your soul sing, understand the difference between what you want and what you think you ‘should’ do, and achieve the clarity you’ve been searching for.
- How Will You Get To Your Destination? (Understanding yourself & your needs)
You might think you already have a good idea about who you are, but I’ll bet you still struggle with things like procrastination, doubt, and self-sabotaging behaviors. That’s not unusual and nothing to be ashamed of, we’ve all done it. But, if you don’t know where the starting point of your journey is, you’ll never be able to reach your destination. We’ll be digging deep into who you are, where you are right now in your life, and what you need to move you forward toward the life of your dreams.
- Create a Roadmap (Your plan of action)
We’ll create an action plan (a ‘roadmap’) that leads you to your dream freedom lifestyle, one that you will feel good about doing! We’ll identify where you need to start, where you want to end up, and exactly what steps you’ll need to take to get you where you want to be.
- Put It In Drive (Start moving and taking action)
You must get moving and take action to achieve your goals! We’ll set concrete, realistic actions for you to take that will get you the results you desire and move you closer to your dream. You’ll learn strategies for managing your time and projects and some ‘secret’ ways to easily move closer to your goals.
- Taking On Roadblocks (Overcoming obstacles in your way)
As you take actions and start on your journey to freedom, you’ll more than likely encounter obstacles. You’ll discover how to recognize these obstacles and see them for what they really are – just roadblocks in your way. You’ll discover how to find ways around these roadblocks so you can continue to move forward. Nothing can stop you now!
- Course Correction (Evaluate & adjust)
As you progress along your journey towards freedom it will be necessary to evaluate and adjust your plan. This is normal and just a part of the process. Continual evaluation, adjustment, and course correction guarantees that you will keep your most important goals in focus and stay on track to achieve them.
- Rest Stops & Celebrations! (Rest & refresh)
If you go full speed and never stop you’ll burn out or get overwhelmed, so we make sure to take time to celebrate your achievements! Your confidence will sky-rocket as you consistently take actions and achieve goal after goal, and you’ll know that every step has been worth taking. As you progress toward your freedom lifestyle, you will grow and expand personally, spiritually, and mentally and reap the rewards that a satisfying and fulfilled lifestyle of freedom has to offer.
Yes! It has worked for me more than once! The result of our work is an approach to shifting your mindset and your habits so that with time, effort, and consistency you’ll increase your confidence in your ability to create a passionate, purposeful, joy-filled life of freedom.
Here are some testimonials of people I’ve helped…
Melissa keeps me focused on what’s really important and helps me move forward when I need it the most. She is a true inspiration and I always look forward to her heart-centered coaching and guidance.
You’ll discover how to:
- Acknowledge your inner power
- Realize your true potential
- Re-ignite your passion
- Get clarity on your dreams and desires
- Stop procrastinating and take action
- Identify your purpose or your ‘calling’
- Take control of your life
- Break free from limiting beliefs, other people’s expectations, ‘Shoulds’, and more
- Have big breakthroughs
- Use specific techniques for releasing your internal resistance and self-sabotaging tendencies so you can take action and start living your freedom lifestyle
- Open your heart and expand into your TRUE being
- Set goals (and reach them!)
- Feel empowered & excited about the future
- Learn to love the version of yourself that shows up to play this game called life
- Put the past behind you on move on to the possibility of an exciting future
- Get out of your own way
- Connect with your intuition
- Understand how your soul is awakening and developing
- Learn how to super-power your self-confidence
- Rewrite your story
I understand, it can be a little scary to invest in yourself. I’ve gone the ‘Lone Wolf’ route before and I know it’s not easy, it takes longer and it’s much more difficult. I’ve bought so many books and online courses that promised fantastic results, only to be disappointed time and time again. I’ve learned (the hard way) that here is no substitute for an experienced, knowledgeable and caring coach. The only times I’ve ever made fast, kick-ass results have been with a good coach!
- Let me ask you a few questions:How long have you wanted the freedom lifestyle, and how long have you been trying to get it? You can get there so much faster when we work together.
- How do you feel now vs. how will you feel when you’re living a life you love? Which feeling do you prefer?
- What do you do now to ease the frustration – watch lots of TV, eat out, drink, shop, or something worse? What is that costing you?
- What are you going to do about your future, stay where you are OR break free and live the life of your dreams?
Think about how your life will be so much more fulfilling when you have the freedom you desire.